Digital Gardener-Lite is looking for high school students who are interested in a game-like college experience. Successful applicants can come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. Previous experience in research, design, or Minecraft is not required or expected. Instead, successful applicants will have a desire to learn and grow through the Digital Gardener-Lite experience. DG-Lite is especially interested in serving students who self-identify as belonging to a community or coming from a background that is underrepresented in the university environment, but all applications will be considered.
Applications will be accepted until the end of day August 20, 2021.
- Be a high school student as of the Fall 2021 semester
- Be from the South-Central Indiana region
- Be able to reliably commute to and from the IU Bloomington campus all days of the program
- Be willing and able to follow IU COVID safety guidelines while on the IU campus
- Be motivated and responsible
- Be able to work in a small group during periods with limited supervision
- Have an interest in any of the following:
- Digital games, tools, and/or technologies
- Design, architecture, and/or creative production
- Local/IU history and related research
- Collaborative problem-solving and challenge-based activities
To apply or nominate a student, visit: https://tinyurl.com/digitalgardenerlite